Chilton County, Alabama is strategically located in central Alabama, within easy driving distance to Montgomery, Birmingham, Huntsville, Tuscaloosa, Atlanta and the Gulf Coast.
- Montgomery, AL (39 miles/63km)
- Birmingham, AL (54 miles/87km)
- Columbus, GA (128 miles/205km)
- Huntsville, AL (153 miles/247km)
- Atlanta, GA (191 miles/205km)
- Chattanooga, TN (196 miles/315km)
- Mobile, AL (207 miles/333km)
- Nashville, TN (244 miles/393km)
- Memphis, TN (288 miles/464km)
- Knoxville, TN (306 miles/492km)
- New Orleans, LA (347 miles/559km)
- Charlotte, NC (437 miles/704km)
Major Highways in or near Chilton County, AL include:
- US Hwy 31
- US Hwy 82
Chilton County is home to one licensed public-use airport, located in Clanton. The closest international airport is located in Montgomery.
Nearby airports include:
|Airport||Location||Distance from Clanton, AL|
|Chilton County Airport / Gragg-Wade Field||Clanton, AL||In City Limits|
|Montgomery Regional Airport||Montgomery, AL||39 Miles|
|Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport||Birmingham, AL||54 Miles|
|Huntsville International Airport||Huntsville, AL||142 Miles|
|Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport||Atlanta, GA||191 Miles|
Source: Distance based on Mapquest, 2012.
Rail service is provided by CSX and Norfolk Southern. There are Norfolk Southern intermodal centers located in nearby Birmingham, AL and Austell, GA (near Atlanta).
There is a new Intermodal facility located 54.8 miles in Birmingham, AL.
Port facilities are available at the Alabama State Port located in Mobile, AL (207 miles from Clanton, AL).
Foreign Trade Zones
Birmingham is designated as a Foreign Trade Zone (53.8 miles). Received foreign merchandise or merchandise destined to be exported overseas stored in this zone is exempt from state and local ad valorem taxes.